So I searched up quickwrite topics, because I needed inspiration and I found most of them kind of dumb (thank goodness elementary school days are over). But here we go! All of these are spectacularly quick:
- Write about going back to school after summer vacation.
I’m so excited to be sitting here in this hard small fake-wood desk writing about going back to school as another reminder of the fact that I got up at 7 today just so I can write about coming back to this place.
- Write a thank you note to a friend who gave you onion and garlic-flavored chewing gum.
Tenks friend. Better watch out though.
- Describe a real made-up dream or nightmare.
I dreamed about the spider girls in 孙悟空. ‘Nuff said.
- Write about your favorite childhood toy.
A stuffed brown and white dog. He’s still in China though.
- Write out the best or the worst day of your life.
See, if I told you about the best day, I’d be saying that the rest of my life just couldn’t compare to that day. If I told you about the worst day–well that’d just make me revisit something quite horrible and you’d be scared. Kids also have had pretty dark moments, okay. Sometimes it’s all mixed up. Do you really want to read either 1) a cheesy retelling of a nice day out with friends, or 2) a visit to some dark, dark times? Writings of the first category are monotonous and writings of the second are scary. This is a bad prompt, please keep yourself sane, and stop asking why our writing is so bad.
- Finish this thought: if I could change one thing about myself (if you can’t think of anything, you might want to consider telling how you got to be perfect!)
I don’t know how I got to be perfect. I just am. Unless you want me to say I’d like to be taller.
- If and when I raise children, I’ll never…
- I have never been more frightened than when…
Again, I think you’d be scared. Don’t worry about it.
- Persuade a friend to give up drugs.
Drugs are bad for you. Not that you didn’t know that already, just wanted to let you know to make myself feel superior.
- Five years from now, I will be…
I’ve no idea and that’s why my life is exciting.
- Write about a day you’d like to forget.
See response to number 5.
- Invent and describe a new food.
I’ll invent it when I feel the need for a new one.
- Describe an event that changed your life forever, or make up and describe an event that would change your life forever.
I was born.
- Describe someone who is a hero to you and explain why.
I don’t know, I have too many. Just pick one from the latest issue of TMZ and I’ll have an explanation.
- Write about a time in your life when you struggled with a choice and made the right one.
I took the path less traveled by.
Ok that’s enough troll for today. Here’s one I actually liked:
Write a list of at least 50 things that make you feel good.
- Playing piano
- Composing when I can get stuff out
- Taylor Swift
- Ingrid Michaelson
- Number Theory
- Listening to French people talk
- Listening to old songs for the nostalgia
- People watching
- Good food
- Doe Library
- Fremont Main Library (oh, the memories)
- Libraries in general
- Friends and family and good relationships
- Steinbeck (East of Eden, Grapes of Wrath)
- Shakespeare (Hamlet, Much Ado About Nothing)
- Catcher in the Rye
- A Song of Ice and Fire
- Russian Literature (War and Peace, Crime and Punishment)
- Beethoven Sonatas
- Rachmaninoff Piano Concerto No. 2
- Chopin Scherzo Op. 31
- Le Petit Prince
- Braids / Special Hairdos
- Human goodness
- Little Cafes
- Sitting in the shade doing nothing
- Pretty colors (there are a lot)
- Tea (with milk and otherwise)
- Watching makeup tutorials (but not actually doing makeup)
- Banff and Jasper
- The WordPress Community ❤ Truly, all of the support and the openness and the discussion and output–photography, poetry, short stories, open letters, essays–is encouraging and humbling and amazing. Thanks to everyone for the wonderful journey.